Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 7 - A Day Off

Day  7 – Day Off!!!

Well today was a day off, a day with no official plans. This also means a no photo day!! Steve let me sleep in til around 9:20am. Even Brandon had slept in until 8:15am......WOW I mean seriously, the kid has NEVER slept past 7:15am in his life! Steve took the kids to the pool while I got showered and did some washing and tidying up. They got back at around 11:30am and man did Brandon get a tan. Even with sunscreen this Florida sun is harsh! The all got showered and dressed then we woke mum up. It was 12:00pm.

Mum got ready and we all got into the car to head to the Mall at Millenia. It was pretty busy but we got a park and headed for lunch. We lunched at P.F Changs. I was a little disappointed. I had heard it was good and I being a big fan over westernised Chinese food was looking forward to it. It was really busy too which indicated it was good.. It wasn’t bad, just nothing to write home about. We got the crispy wontons and spring rolls for starters. They were really good. The kids wolfed most of them down. Then the kids had the lo mein noodles. They were ok, but for $3.95 including drink I didn’t really care how much they ate. We shared a fried rice which was ok and a honey chicken, not great and a pork and chicken dish which was also just ok.

Then we did some shopping. I went and got my international visitors card from Macys for my 10% discount and got the kids some stuff. 4 pairs of Levi jeans, a 6 pack of undies and 2 Quiksilver shirts came to the grand total of about $110. I then went to Gap, got a 30% off card for a mothers day promo they're running and got Peyton a pair of jeans, a top and Brandon a hoodie for $50. The kids were bored by now so we headed back home.

We dropped mum and the kids off and then Steve and I headed out to get a few groceries.

I DROVE!

Seriously, I was shit scared about driving on the right side of the road. It was actually not that bad. We made it there and did groceries. I think it was cheaper than Publix. I love browsing shops over here. Even grocery stores. I drove back and the kids were asleep, we tried to wake them for dinner but they wouldn’t stir. We cooked pork chops and mash with veggies. It was nice to have something normal that I would eat at home. Steve went up to the clubhouse and rented Little Fockers from the vending machine and we called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment