Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 24 - First Day of LA

No idea when we woke up. Six days to go and on the home stretch my memories are becoming kinda jumbled up. 


Anywho, I'm pretty sure the plan for today was to take it easy. We had planned to drive up to Hollywood and walk around for the afternoon.


In the morning I know we headed for Target and got some groceries (no where near as good as the Super Target in Kissimmee). We made French bread stick sandwiches and then headed up to Hollywood. I fell asleep on the drive up and missed the Hollywood sign. Seriously, who goes to LA all the way from Sydney and doesn't see the Hollywood sign. IDIOT!!


We found a car park and wandered around. Hollywood walk of fame, Kodak Theatre, Graumans Chinese Theatre, Disney Store.... To be honest I wasn't all that impressed. Maybe it was the jet lag. It just seemed seedy. I saw some shady characters and what I'm sure was a drug deal taking place. Not what I'd expected. I suppose I dreamed about something more polished. IYKWIM. We had Johnny Rockets for lunch and then headed home. 


Pretty self explanatory

My hero ;)

'
Chinese Theatre




Ron Howard

Arnie

Tom Hanks

Clark Gable

Shirley Temple

John Wayne

Johnny Rockets

My tired boys

Cheesy fries

Strawberry Shake

Kids shake

Kodak Theatre

Disney Store

Kodak Theatre

Shrek outside Madam Tussauds


Tiffanys on Rodeo Drive


We took a side trip through Beverly Hills and Down Rodeo Drive. Anyway we got kinda lost and it took about 3 hours to get back to Anaheim. We drove through some seriously scary neighbourhoods and I saw the most interesting people of my trip. Hookers, transvestites, a woman wearing nothing but a small towel and people selling the strangest things by the side of the road and at traffic lights. Coconuts, fresh fruit, flowers, Mexican food.  It was a very interesting trip home and we were glad to make it back. 


Here are a few photos of the lovely 2 bedroom condo we had for the week.


Our gorgeous bed. Peyton slept in the porta-cot

Brandon slept up top and mum down bottom

Mum and B's bathroom

Mine, Steve and Peyton's bathroom


That bed was sooo comfy

Complimentary wine, popcorn plus choccies that I ate.

We didn't drink the wine as we aren't wine drinkers but our hosts were so very thoughtful. Each of the kids had a gift bag with a t-shirt, some activites, a small toy and snacks. The house also had snacks and basic meal ingredients, all cleaning/washing products plus there were toiletries to use if you wanted. 



1 comment:

  1. LOVING reading your blog my kids are hovering over me going oh whats that mum mum can I go there, its making me & them excited lol

    ReplyDelete