Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 20 - Cruise Day 2 - Nassau, Bahamas

Our day in the Bahamas was pretty disastrous. This was one portion of the trip I didn't research and it turned out it was not really a place to just wing it! 






We woke up nice and early as usual then got ready and headed up to Cabanas for breakfast. It was yummy as usual with their wide range of hot and cold and very fresh selections. We went back to the room and got changed as the kids wanted a swim. Steve took Peyton in the pool and I watched Brandon on the Mickey slide. He really enjoyed it. Mum got her hair braided and it looked really nice but turned out a disaster as she couldn't sleep with the beads poking her in the head. So she got me to cut them out that night before she slept.


Brandon climbing the slide

Wheee!!!

Peyton & Steve in the pool

Both kids in the tiny pool

Nemo's Reef splash area




After the swim we got changed again and decided to venture off the boat and into Nassau. I didn't like it. It was crowded with people trying to give us cab rides here there and everywhere, people shoving their wares in our faces. Not nice at all. To be honest I felt uneasy and a little unsafe. We were going to take a horse and carriage rise through town but the horses had stopped for their afternoon break. We walked across the street to the Hardrock and Steve got a nice shirt then we headed back to the "safety"of the ship. I know I didn't really give the place a chance but I just didn't like it. 


Carriage driver letting Peyton pat the horse

Nassau Horse

Ships at the port

Our beautiful ship

Welcome home alright!

I think we went for a walk up to deck 11 for some drinks

Goodbye Nassau






When we got back on the boat Brandon went to the club, Steve and mum went to watch Pirates of the Caribbean 3 in 3D and I took Peyton back to the room to watch a movie and nap.'We woke up refreshed and met up with everyone to get ready for dinner.


Cocktail time!

Happy boy

Mickey ketchup

I guess B had the surf and turf

Happy with Tink and a cupcake dessert!




Dinner was at Royal Palace and I really enjoyed the food here. Steve was feeling sick so he went back to the room to lie down I think at some stage Brandon went with him as he wasn't there for dessert. They sent his dinner up with me when we were finished so he didn't miss out. For dinner I'm pretty sure I had:



  • Impérial Illusion
  • Absolut Mandarin, Apple Pucker, Blue Curaçao liquor, Pineapple Juice
  • Belle's French Onion Soup
  • With Gruyère Cheese Crouton
  • Double Cut Rack of Lamb with a Dijon Crust
  • With fine Green Beans, Gratin Potatoes and Rosemary Jus
  • Grand Marnier Soufflé
  • Infused with fresh Orange Zest and served with Crème Anglaise
Our head server helped get Peyton to eat her veggies by bringing her a light up Tinkerbell. The food was amazing! It was all very delicious! 

After dinner the kids went to the club as usual and we went to see the show for the night which was Villains. I enjoyed it thoroughly and mum though it was great too. Tonight was Pirate night so we collected the kids and took them up to the pirate party. 



Somewhere muddled up in that evening/afternoon we had pirate bandanas left in our room to wear that night. Also I think I took the kids to the Tinkerbell meet and greet in the lobby. We also purchased some pirate gear for the kids to wear that night. A pirate Mickey hat for B and some telescopes and I think a hook.

Bandanna's and invite to Pirate Party

Rabbit towel

Tink


The pirate party and subsequent fireworks were brilliant. We are so lucky DCL are allowed to set off fireworks on their cruises.







After the fireworks etc ended we went to Cabanas for the dessert buffet. It was amazing!! I had crepes with cream and melted chocolate and fruit and the had cakes and cookies and ice cream with different toppings. It was all so good and you could even take a plate back to your room. 

We hit the sack with full tummies ready for our big beach day at Castaway Cay in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment