Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 29 - The Block @ Orange and Santa Monica Pier

Today was a dedicated shopping day so after much deliberation I decided to check out the Block at Orange. The kids had absolutely no interest in shopping and I think Steve may have been a little shopped out so they all went and saw a movie. (Well I think they did, that or they went bowling). 


I however shopped to my hearts content with mum. We had a really nice lunch at a little deli. Mmm was pretty good. Anyway we hit Last Call by Neiman Marcus, Off 5th, Old Navy, H&M and I also went and got some new Asics and Nike shoes for myself. We met back up with Steve and the kiddies and got ourselves sundaes from Haagen Dazs. Before we left we saw Peter Facinelli from Twilight doing autographs so I took a few shots as we went by. We then headed home so the kids could nap and I could do the last of the packing.


Peter Facinelli 

Sundaes

Our luggage




When they woke up we herded them into the car and headed to Santa Monica. We got parking a few blocks away so it was a pretty easy stroll to the pier. It was pretty cool down there. We took photos and strolled around. Then the kids wanted rides so we coughed up. They actually really enjoyed themselves. We got dinner there. I think mum got a pizza and the kids had fish/nuggets and chips and Steve and I had Taco Bell. OMG the tacos were delicious and so cheap! I will definitely be eating there again. The whole time we were there it was cold. I mean it was absolutely freezing! The wind was so harsh and strong, it really cut through you. Mum ended up buying a jumper. We stayed as long as we could but it was just too cold. On the upside I got a delicious funnel cake with mini M&Ms for the trip home.


Walking towards the pier

Santa Monica

End of Route 66

Rides

The loved these

Bumper thingos


Funnel Cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment