Friday, June 7, 2013

Day 15 - Castaway Cay

CASTAWAY CAY!!!

Pronounced Castaway KEY, Castaway Cay is Disneys own private island. It is for the exclusive use of Disney Cruise Line guests. It is truly paradise and in typical Disney fashion it is well thought out and practically perfect in every way.

View from the ship


We had breakfast at Cabana's  then we went back to our stateroom to get ready for ur beach day. We got our swimmers and beach gear (Sunscreen, buckets, spades etc) and headed off the ship. We got off and collected our towels then hopped on the tram. We got off at the main beach and found a nice shady spot. We spent the day swimming, snorkelling, digging, eating and relaxing.

Riding the tram

Not happy on the tram


Our shady spot


I hired a set of snorkel gear and snorkelled on and off during the day. I didn't realise until right at the end of the day that all the cool fish were to be seen at the far, far end of the snorkelling area. By the time I swam back it was to late to get my camera and go again. I will remember for next time!


Steve took Brandon to hire a pedal boat. The boys had a great time and Steve took a couple of photos. Brandon was too short to reach the pedals so Steve did all the work while B kicked back and enjoyed the ride!





Selfies!



The boys



The Disney Fantasy

Castaway Cay

More rentals


Peyton and I swam and enjoyed lunch. Lunch was BBQ and there was burgers, hotdogs, salads, cookies, fruit, soda, ice cream. Plus packets of chips. I took some down to the beach area. I remember waiting in line for lunch and listening to the music they played over the speakers and "Land Down Under  came on. It did make me feel a little homesick, especially the Vegemite sandwich part. LOL!

Burger and salads

Fruit Salad

I think she has banana bread, chicken, corn & ketchup, hotdog and a cookie

Definitely a cookie!

We spent a fabulous last day on the beach. It is one of our favourite places in the world.

Relaxing on a deck chair

Playing in the sand

Tiny, tiny hermit crab

See, tiny!!

Swimming/Floating

Funny seagulls

Making sandcastles

My view from my chair

Sadly it was time to pack up and board the ship. As the ship moved away from the dock the lucky maintenance crew who get to stay, bid us farewell with Mickey hands.

Goodbye!

And a bow!

Pulling away from the dock

I went and took some photos from the back of the ship of the sunset. I just made it. I also took a wander around and photographed some more of the ship. 

I thought these clouds were cool and looked like a cruise ship on the horizon

I wasn't the only one with that idea!

The funnel


Chandelier


Detail on the lift


The farewell party

Captain Mickey

I went back to the room and got ready for dinner. Our last night was at Royal Court. The dinner was delicious and it is my favourite restaurant out of the three. I'm glad we got to eat here three times.

Dinner setting

Looking a little tired and sunburnt


Another tired munchkin








Mmmm, cauliflower with tomato sauce

B's Chicken noodle soup






Mickey Bar





Our server





Towel Swan




No comments:

Post a Comment