Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 14 - Sea Day

Day 14 was the third and final sea day. We took it easy and just enjoyed this ship on our second last day. We started with our usual lazy breakfast at Cabanas. Then we all did different things onboard during the day. 









I went to the Captain signing and got two items signed. I wasn't that impresses by Captain Marco, I mean he did a good job sailing the ship and all but to be honest he didn't show much personality. 




Peyton at lunch, she wanted to eat alfresco!

The kids went to the club and Peyton had me page at lunchtime as she wanted out. I went and got her and took her to Cabanas for lunch. I'm pretty sure I either skipped lunch or ate very little. This was in anticipation of our dinner reservation at Palo. I took Peyton back to the club and did some packing/organising for our departure. Then I got all gussied up for our fancy dinner. Palo is one of only two restaurants on the ship that charge a fee separate from what is included in the cruise fare. Admittedly the cover charge is not a lot ($20), and I feel it is well worth it. It is adults only and has a North Italian themed menu. There is a dress code. As a Silver Castaway Club member i was able to book at 90 days prior to sailing. I still wasn't able to secure a coveted brunch reservation though. Dinner it was and like I said I was not disappointed.

From memory our server was Milos and he was amazing! Those of you who know me, know I don't do fancy. This was fancy, pulling your chair out fancy! haha. The food was delicious. I can't rave on enough about how much we loved Palo. We had warm garlic bready pizza, antipasto platter which was all described in detail, the BEST calamari I have ever eaten (and I love calamari and have tried a lot), lamb cutlets (I eat a lot of these too) and souffle. All to die for. I can't wait to get back there!

Roses and breadsticks

Anitpasto

Sea view


Garlic pizza

Calamari

Palate cleansing sorbet

Lamb

Perfect!



Souffle

Limoncello

Here is the menu for anyone interested: Palo Menu


After rolling out of the restaurant we picked up the kids and took them to bed. We had a big day at Castaway Cay in the morning. I also arrived to this surprise:


On the first or second day I dropped this plate off at guest services with a pack of multi coloured sharpies. The plate I picked up for aout $12.95 at Fort Wilderness. It looks amazing and it is one of my all time favourite souvenirs. 

TIP: You can drop off up to two items at guest services and they will get characters to sign and have it delivered to your room. This is at no cost. You should provide sharpies if you want particular colours. I was told usually you can request either Fab 5 or princesses. They made an exception for me. Popular items for signing are - pillowcases, t-shirts & vinylmations

No comments:

Post a Comment