Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 13 - St Thomas/St John

Day 13 was a stop at the port of St Thomas. St Thomas is part of the U.S Virgin Isles and is a short trip away from St John. I hadn't booked anything as nothing in particular had caught my interest and if it did the small one was too young. Steve and the kids decided to stay on the shop and swim/kids club/relax. I decided to hop off the ship and have a little wander.

I disembarked and browsed around the port area. There were quite a few touristy shops and a couple of jewellers. I ventured out the port and walked for about 10 mins. It started getting not so touristy and more local and I started to feel a little uneasy walking around alone. I turned around and headed back. It was pretty uneventful. I took a few photos but not many.


Bus


Mountains

A scenic lookout ride thingo

The ride thingo again

Welcome to Hooters!

Bus

Freedom of the Seas was in port too

The back of the Fantasy

Once back on our pretty ship I met back up with Steve and we bummed around until dinner. Our restaurant for the night was Animators Palate and it was the animation night. Dinner in this restaurant was always mediocre, nothing memorable good or bad. The food was not meant to be the highlight, it was all about the show! So when you arrive at your table you have a placemat type piece of paper with a space to draw your own character, name and stateroom. There were textas on the table to draw with. Once finished the drawing were taken away and then put together for an animated show. It is very, very cool.


Brandons drawing and handwriting have improved dramatically in the year since this was done! 

'
When they return your drawing, you get a seal of "Official Disney Animator" 



This is what the show looks like, it gets really good after 3mins


After dinner I have no idea what we did. Probably watched a show or movie then went to bed. 



This was our towel animal

No comments:

Post a Comment